5/18/2011

Yela has announced the title of his lead single! (video)

Eminem protégé Yelawolf has finally revealed the title of his first single from his highly anticipated Shady Records debut, 'Radioactive.'

In a three-way recording studio interview with Texas rap hero Chamillionaire and G.O.O.D. Music artist CyHi Da Prynce, Yela announced that his lead single will be titled 'Gangster of Love,' and will feature a guest appearance by CyHi, who previously appeared on his 'I Wish (Remix).'

"My three little things today are rapping, skateboarding and Jack Daniels," Yela told 3 Little Digs, with a smile, before breaking the news. "I let CyHi come in and partake in [my first single], it's called 'Gangster of Love.' This is my first official, for real for real, single single s---." theboombox


While the Gadsden, Ala. native continues to churn out guest appearances, freestyles and other blog fodder, he has been quiet regarding the features on his debut album, though he did recently reveal that Eminem will be contributing some production work to the project.

"He was just excited man, which made me even more excited about it," Yela said in an interview with ImFlashy. "So we set up some time to work for Marshall to get in and do some production on it and do some arrangements, of course, for music. Kind of to coach the album. I get besides myself thinking, really thinking of having him to really go to for advice on how to structure records and just whatever possible. Just using the genius. He's psyched."

Yelawolf continued to say that the features and concepts will give his album a more universal appeal, calling his 'Radioactive' debut "patriotic."

"'Radioactive' exemplifies my inspirations, rather than just putting out music that's just regional and more influenced with what's going on in my corner," he explained. "It's more influenced with what's going on in the world. It's patriotic, in a sense. I'm really taking on America's problems and issues, good and bad, on some records, and bringing in influences from early childhood to now and not just sticking to one formula but actually bringing in features and to just broaden the sound. Concepts I've been waiting to put out for years. I'm excited, man."

No comments:

Post a Comment